I had told so many times in advance so proper Christmas spirit could not bear with me, I was quite surprised when I evening on 24 sat there and it felt like Christmas.
The day itself started very poorly to as Christopher had been up all night - not because of the anticipation of the presents but because of malaria. So needed after a somewhat hectic Christmas breakfast with bread and honey Raphael and drive it first with the motorcycle to the hospital in Iringa. We
other volunteers spent but a very, very typical Christmas Eve. Partly it was with saw and ax in the forest around a Christmas tree to beat. We even found a conifer and did not have to fall back as the advent of a palm tree.
lunch was then chocolate, sweets and a homemade shooting star decorated and everything prepared for the mess. Afternoon were then played cards and of course watched Pippi Longstocking - Michel had Lönneberga unfortunately no one there. At 5
clock it was dann in die Weihnachtsmesse. Zwar waren außer uns Weißen am Anfang nur 3 oder 4 Tansanier da, doch da der Gottesdienst eh erst um Halb 6 anfing, war das kein Problem. Sogar Raphael und Christopher kamen noch pünktlich zum Beginn und auch während des Gottesdienstes, in dem deutsche Weihnachtslieder mit Texten auf Kiswahili gesungen wurden, kamen noch ständig Gäste herein.
Nach dem Gottesdienst gab es dann erst das Weihnachtspilau, dann die Geschenke (Wir haben uns allen gegenseitig im Wichtelprinzip was geschenkt) und abschließend gab es einen gemütlichen Abend zu Kaminfeuer,Gesang, Kerzenschein, Weihnachtsoratorium und tollen Gesprächen.
Es war also ein gemütlicher und friedlicher Abend, dank der Lage Mafingas in the highlands it was actually really cold and I was happy with my battered wool sweater.
Only my family I was missing a little bit, because it was a strange feeling to be able to do them suddenly only over the phone Merry Christmas ...
0 comments:
Post a Comment